Friday, March 6, 2009

Quality English Education

In class I had the grade 5 learners write a noun, verb, and adjective for each letter of their first name. For example:

NOUN VERB ADJECTIVE
L – Lion Leap Lovely
I – Igloo Ignite Icy
N – Nerd Nibble New

…and so on. When little Petrus brought his adjectives up for me to check, I laughed so hard and so loud right in the poor kid’s face. He will never understand why:

P – Primary
E – Easy
T – Transvestite
R – Rectal
U – Ultimate
S – Schizophrenic

He obviously used a dictionary, so I calmed down, complimented him on his use of resources, and wiped the tears off my red face.

1 Comments:

At March 7, 2009 at 10:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What in heaven's name are you teaching these poor children?
Love,
Mom

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home