Saturday, February 7, 2009

ADULT QUOTES, part 1

- “Touch my blood!” -- this means “high five”

- “Oh! My ears are lying to me!” -- upon hearing that by vegetarian, I mean fish and chicken too. In Namibia there are vegetarians, but they eat fish and chicken. It is just crazy to them that I don’t eat fish and chicken.

- “No does not mean no. It is a starting point. It is first gear.” -- on the lovely world of Namibian courtship. This is actually interesting, because it goes back in history to women being inferior. As they gained rights, they were DETERMINED to exercise them. So women always so no when propositioned for their number or a date, even when they are interested, just because they CAN. It’s part of the game. Apparently, a man will not take no for an answer until about the fourth try. It is not easy to get used to.

- “You talk like Queen Elizabeth.”

1 Comments:

At February 15, 2009 at 5:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm, the no thing kinda scares me.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home