Monday, September 29, 2008

Possum Pie



After succumbing to the monsoon the weekend of Sept. 12, our rescheduled garage sale was a great success this weekend, raising $500 for my fund! The stuff people will buy…interesting. I would have to say my favorite customer was the old man who claimed to have 17 kids, spoke Polish to an orange stuffed monster, and finally called me a hillbilly, asking if I knew how to cook Possum Pie. And then left, without buying anything.

I owe endless thanks to everyone who helped/donated items/shopped, especially to Clare and Mike for hosting the festivities, Judi for sharing her merchandising skills and harassing passersby, Uncle John for delivering a giant load of stuff, and Margaret and Iain for loading up all the leftovers and hauling them to Salvation Army.

Just $4,851 to go!

Oh, also, my sister Joyce put together a site where you can buy some cool Namibia stuff to show your support and add to my fund. Check it out: http://www.cafepress.com/sunshinesurfy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home