Saturday, June 20, 2009

Life at Lano

Some photos of life at Lano:

Here are some of the visitors to my room:
Jamoah, the grandson of our principal

she's a twin! so beautiful

a delicious mopane worm, which Namibians eat frequently

Now on to evening study:
Eva




Some daytime action:
Tulela and Tuyakula

Wilhelmina

Tobias, bundled up for the brisk winter weather
(highs in the upper 80s, lows in the 50s)


one of our security guards (yes, with weapon)

behind the classrooms: the yellow building is lower primary, the red is upper primary

some girls dancing outside their hostel (which is on the left;
the classrooms where I teach are on the right)

7 Comments:

At June 21, 2009 at 5:52 AM , Anonymous Mom said...

Beautiful children! Congratulations on the win at debate! See? All that fuss and you and your learners did great, no, excellent!
Please pass our congratulations on to the children. Sweets are on the way!
Love and miss you

 
At July 1, 2009 at 9:13 AM , Anonymous Joyous said...

"delicious mopane worm"?
How delicious WAS it, Lindsey?

 
At July 2, 2009 at 7:19 PM , Anonymous Mr Wochaski said...

I cant tell you how proud I am of you. I love seeing and reading about your experience. Keep up your noble work. You go girl.

Mr. Wochaski

 
At July 5, 2009 at 12:48 PM , Blogger six foot fun said...

Hey Lindsay!

It's Paul Culos!

I was cleaning out my mailbox and found the link to this blogspot again and went through your entire experience! This is incredible! I cannot wait to talk with you when you get back!

Stay safe!

-Paul

P.S. I'm loving the elephants

 
At July 9, 2009 at 6:09 PM , Blogger UJ said...

Hey Lindsey. I'll get Gma to sew up some parkas, and some gloves, and some snow pants for the winter. This is excellent stuff! I am totally impressed with your life there. Learning and teaching debates, then catching chickens - you have something to put on that future job resume. Kids are beautiful, experiences are beautiful - and so are you. Ly, UJ, Gma, John, Jessie, Josh, Paula and Nick.

 
At July 22, 2009 at 10:23 AM , Blogger Judi Leppek said...

Hi Boo! I love the debate story. Debate = Argue = Support you own point of view, and how are you not qualified to teach/live that? You are a great example to your learners with the life you live. Is the worm cooked or what? Not that I want the recipe! Can't wait for our dinner when you return...sans the worms!

 
At July 23, 2009 at 12:57 PM , Anonymous Mom said...

Boo,
Is it Lano like land or like lane?
Love and miss you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home